Field Guide No. 17 - Lopi
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Mary Jane Mucklestone is one of our great travelers, exploring the world with knitting in hand. And she has taught legions of knitters all about working with color.
We have long dreamed of going on one of her guided trips, so this Field Guide is our chance to set off with Mary Jane to explore Léttlopi, the worsted-weight Icelandic yarn that is so lofty yet warm.
Get ready for a season of cozy knitting with Mary Jane and her colorful ideas. Field Guide No. 17 is a collection of five designs to knit again and again.
Five designs to play with, with five interchangeable stitch motifs and the huge palette of Léttlopi yarn, the worsted weight of the classic Icelandic yarn. These are quick, tremendously fun designs.
- Daytripper Cardigan: Quick to make, full of color, this is a lightweight sweater because it’s knitted on US size 10 (6 mm) needles. It includes a steek for the front opening, which is a great new technique for your customers to try.
- Destination Pullover: Pockets! A sweet touch on this simple, cozy sweater. Blocks of color are connected by brief moments of stranded colorwork. Knit on a size US 10 (6 mm) needle, the Léttlopi yarn becomes a fabric that is lofty and light—just the thing for a cool day.
- Destination Scarf: A design that lets colors shift as quietly or dramatically as you like. Mix your colors and choose among the five stitch motifs to cook up your own unique fluffer.
- Trinket Mittens: These mittens are a traditional style that Mary Jane discovered years ago during her time in Sweden. Choose your cuff motif from the five motifs included in the Field Guide.
- Jaunty Beanie: This is serious multiples territory. A hat that lets you fool around with your color pairings and stranded color pattern? You’ll finish one and already be scheming up the next one.